Friday, August 24, 2012

SACRIFICE OF PRAISE


“I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.  I will be glad and rejoice in you;  I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High.” Psalm 9:1,2.

SACRIFICE OF PRAISE

I would love to say that I wake up each morning ready to go, ready to praise, feeling great about my day  and looking forward to what is has for me. I would like to say that, I cannot. 

I would also like to admit that most Sunday mornings when the alarm goes off at 5 am, God and I are having a discussion about whether or not He really needs me on the Praise Team that morning. Yes, I said it; I don’t walk around in a constant state of wonderment and holiness.

I choose to praise. I choose to worship. That’s what makes my praise and worship so precious to God…because I don’t have to, I choose to.  The word “will” in the dictionary is defined as “determined,” or “sure to.” Plug this into the above scripture and you get, “I am determined to give thanks to you, Lord,” and, “I am sure to be glad and rejoice in you.”  It’s a choice.

So, on Sunday mornings when God and are have our discussion, (well, I whine, he listens,) it’s not about if I feel like going to church, or feel like giving Him praise (hey, I just woke up, give me a second.)  It’s all about deciding that no matter what is going on around me, I will choose to be thankful, in whatever I can find to be thankful for. I choose to have hope, even when it looks hopeless. I choose to get up, get dressed, and get into praise.

PRAYER: God I don’t know why you have so much patience with me but I am grateful that You do. Thank You for waiting for me to catch up, and teaching me to “get there” a little sooner each day. Amen

Additional Scriptures: Psalm 54:6;  Jonah 2:9; Hebrews 13:15

Cheryl D. Wyatt


No comments:

Post a Comment