Saturday, January 7, 2012

Checker-Upper

James 5:1-20

I'm not really any good at waiting.  When I cook in a crock-pot, I always look. Baking in the oven? I open the door and look. As I have gotten older, I have gotten better at knowing when to look, but I still look

I have two kids. I remember when they were very little and I would put them in time-out.  The one, I could put in time-out, and they would be so good at the task of being away, that they would actually fall asleep!  When the other child went into time-out, they would come out every 5 minutes and ask if they could  be done or was it enough time out!  Although I am farther along than I used to be, I regret that I am still a "checker-upper."

I wonder, as I write this reflection, how many of you are "checker-uppers?" Do you plant your seeds, but them come out the next day and expect a crop? Okay, maybe not a crop, but even a seedling?  Have you ever planted seeds or bulbs in the yard?  I have, and I can tell you, it takes about 7-10 days for those beauties to poke their heads through the soil.  Those 7-10 days drive me crazy!  I usually find myself thinking, "oh, there's something wrong...the squirrels must have eaten them or they are rotted out in the ground!"  When they are out of my sight, I am nervous because they are out of my control.  I know this is a "bit" of an exaggeration, but I hope you get my meaning.  We have to put things into Father's hands and trust that He knows what to do with them.  Stop taking them back!

I pray that you have an amazing day. What can you put in His hands today?  He's more than able to take care of it!

Prayer: God, you are the keeper of my hidden things-the good and the bad. I trust you with my mornings, afternoons and nights. Thank you for being so good to me. In Jesus, Amen.

Cheryl Wyatt

No comments:

Post a Comment