Sunday, October 23, 2011

HOW TO PRAY

I suddenly find myself unsure of my prayers.  Not that they might not be heard, but that they may not be sufficient.  What if I leave something out?  Everyone sems to want me to pray for something, and I am afraid I will forget something, so I get scared and grunt out a few lines here and there.  Also it seems that the list is growing.  Everyday it seems I am requested to pray for someone.  These aren't little prayers either;  they are big, big ones. I feel so feel inadequate to even attempt this holy task.  How am I supposed to remember to pray for everyone?

“Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2

I know that God knows my heart, and He knows that I have been bothered by this.  For my birthday two days ago, a friend, whom I never told about my yearnings as of late, gifted me a prayer journal!  There is space for not only prayers, but the answers to those prayers.

I know that Father expects us to take prayers very seriously.  We can't forget to pray, so we must find ways to write them down. They don't have to be long, drawn out prayers, but just cries for help on our friends' behalf.

With the help of my friend, I can now do just that.  I can even pray about not wanting to forget to pray.  All prayers are fair-game to God.  All prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment